Hi friends! Today I want to share with you a simple, yummy quiche recipe. This is yet another great recipe passed on to me from my mom.
I don’t know about you but when I think of a quiche I generally think of something kind of fancy/delicate, maybe served up at a ladies’ tea or something similar. Well, this taco quiche defies that stereotype! The ground beef in it makes it heartier than your typical quiche and the taco seasoning makes it unique.
While I usually make this taco quiche for lunch (our dinner), my husband loves to have the leftovers for breakfast. 🙂
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (or about 3 tbsp)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- In a skillet, brown the meat along with the onion and taco seasoning; drain. Spread the meat in the bottom of a greased pie plate and top with the cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs, and milk. Mix well, then pour over cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.