Happy Monday! It’s time to talk about goals. Have you made any for the year yet? I like the sound of goals better than resolutions … just sounds better to me for some reason haha.
Last year I divided up my goals by spiritual, mental, physical, family/marriage, home, and blog. That worked fine but this year I felt like I needed something a little simpler so I chose just three categories: personal, family, and blog.
Ready to keep me accountable? 🙂 Here are my goals:
- For my Bible reading this year I plan to choose one book of the Bible each month to read and study. I’m hoping this plan will leave me feeling like I know twelve books of the Bible a lot better than I did before by the end of the year. My book for this month is 1 John! I’m also continuing to be accountable to one of my sisters for my daily reading.
- As far as other reading goes, my goal this year is the same as last: to read at least one book a month (more if I can!) and review one here on the blog! I already finished one book this month: The Zookeeper’s Wife, and I’m well into my second.
- Last year I had some goals for working out. This year, I’m not really making any specific goals there. My goal is pretty much summarized this year as “survive pregnancy” haha. I do plan to get onto some sort of exercise program after the baby comes and I’m ready to jump into something, probably late summer/early fall.
- I’m going to try to do at least one intentional/special thing for my husband each week. It may be something as small as leaving him a note to discover, or something bigger like planning a date. The point is just for me to make him more of a priority because I’ll be honest, it’s really easy for me to neglect him just because the kids are so much more demanding.
- One of my goals last year was to have a Bible time with the kids every day. Unfortunately I didn’t do too well with that, but happily now that Pablo has a normal schedule he has been doing it with us pretty much every morning! So my goal this year is just to support him as he continues to lead our little family Bible time and to make sure to still have that time with the kiddos on days when Pablo doesn’t get a chance.
- And finally, a big goal of mine is to stick to our family’s monthly budget, particularly by carefully planning and shopping for our meals. I also want to try to find some ways to make a little money on the side because we really want to work on our savings this year.
How I love making goals for my blog! This blog has been such a fun outlet for me and I’m excited about continuing it this year. It’s always a struggle for me to balance my time because a blog will take as much time as you are able to give (and there will ALWAYS more to do and learn!) But because this blog is just a hobby for me at this point and not in any way a money maker (I can dream right?) I need to make sure I don’t put too much time into this to where I’m neglecting my responsibilities.
- Anyway, that being said, I plan to make two goals each month for the blog. I think that having two goals is pretty simple/doable for me and will still keep me moving forward and hopefully growing my blog’s reach. 🙂
- As far as my posts, you can expect a new post every Monday, with an occasional Thursday or weekend post as well.
- I’m also determined to be more consistent with my emails this year and you can expect those emails on Tuesdays, bi-weekly. If you’re not on my list yet I’d LOVE for you to join!
Well, that’s it for my goals. I’d love to hear from you! Drop a comment here or on my Facebook page and tell me what your biggest goal is for this new year!