This is the new dish I tried this week! It appealed to me because I love quick, one-dish dinners and anything with Parmesan cheese is sure to be yummy!
I’ve not cooked much with squash so I was excited that this recipe called for some! It’s obviously not the healthiest meal you’ll ever eat because of all that delicious pasta and cheese, but at least the squash is in there for a bit of something healthy!!
I found the recipe in my latest Taste of Home magazine (my Grandma bought me a subscription!) I ended up changing it just slightly because of what I had on hand.
- 1 (12 oz.) box of bow tie pasta
- 4 TBSP butter, divided
- 2 cups chicken
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 yellow squash (or zucchini), cut up
- 3 TBSP flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Heat 1 TBSP butter in a skillet and add squash, salt and pepper. Cook squash until tender.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining 3 TBSP of butter. Stir in the flour and garlic and then slowly add the milk. Bring to a boil, continually stirring until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and add the cheese.
- Mix together the pasta, chicken and squash; add as much of the sauce as you desire, mix well and heat through. (Because this is slightly different than the original recipe, I found that I only needed to use about 2/3 of the sauce. To view the original recipe, click here.)
Pablo and Caleb were both fans!