I got the recipe for these ham buns from my mom. They are delicious and so satisfying. While I often just use regular hamburger buns, you can use nicer buns or rolls for a fancier look.
The last time I made this recipe I doubled it and froze half of the mixture. It was super easy to thaw later and made a quick, convenient meal.
Here’s the recipe!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds (I didn’t have these on hand so I left them out)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 1/4 cup finely chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I usually use cheddar but Swiss would be yummy too!)
- 8 hamburger buns
- In a bowl, mix butter, onion, poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Add ham and cheese to the mixture; stir together well.
- Divide mixture evenly among the buns.
- Place on a baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
The ham buns go nicely with homemade mac and cheese and salad. 🙂