Need a sweet treat for Christmas or New Years? Wanting to make something other than Christmas cookies? Look no further my friends! I came across this recipe for easy saltine toffee (sometimes referred to as Christmas crack) a couple years ago and was immediately hooked. This yumminess is a breeze to make (like, it’s super easy!) and it is addictingly good.
I love making this easy saltine toffee for me and my family (obviously) but I also love to package it up as a yummy gift. This toffee paired with some homemade fudge . . . best present ever!!
Here are a few pictures process pictures I snapped:
Is your mouth watering yet?
Here’s the recipe for this easy saltine toffee. 🙂
- 35 saltines
- 1 cup butter/margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15x10x1 baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Lay saltines in a single layer on the foil.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for about 4 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Spread mixture over saltines.
- Bake for 10 minutes. After removing from oven, immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let the chips soften for a few minutes, then spread the chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with pecans, pressing lightly into the chocolate. Let cool slightly.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
The original recipe appeared in Taste of Home magazine.
Aaand here are a few more pictures to convince you. 😉
Thanks for stopping by today! Happy baking! 🙂