Hi friends! I hope everyone had a nice long Labor Day weekend!
I usually post on Mondays but I kind of figured that everyone would rather be out having fun than reading my blog post so I decided to save this post for the middle of the week. 😉
As you know if you got my email newsletter yesterday, this month’s theme here on the blog is BAKING!
I will be posting a new recipe (or a roundup of recipes) every week. In the coming weeks you can look for my mom’s roll recipe (so yummy you guys!), my favorite chocolate bundt cake, and a roundup of awesome apple recipes for the fall.
But I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s talk about today’s recipe: Banana Zucchini Blueberry Muffins.
I decided to make muffins a couple weeks ago because I had a couple bananas that needed to be used up. I also had some zucchini in the freezer and blueberries in the fridge so I decided to try a new combination.
I found several recipes for Banana Zucchini muffins online but they called for a lot more sugar than I wanted to use.
To make my muffins healthier I added about half the normal amount of sugar and then used whole wheat flour for half of the flour. I added in a heaping cup of blueberries too which really made the muffins extra yummy.
This is definitely a recipe I’ll be making again. I love serving my kids muffins that taste yummy and contain some good nutrients. 🙂
Here’s the recipe for my Banana Zucchini Blueberry Muffins:
Banana Zucchini Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl combine eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, and bananas, mixing well.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir gently - do not over mix. Fold in the zucchini and blueberries.
- Pour the batter into 2 greased 12-cup muffin tins and bake for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
If these Banana Zucchini Blueberry Muffins look good to you don’t forget to pin the image below so you’ll always have the recipe! 🙂
I’ll see you back here next week for another recipe! Happy baking! 🙂