Hi friends! Today I want to share with you a simple, yummy recipe for taco quiche. This is yet another great recipe passed on to me from my mom.
I don’t know about you but when I think of a quiche I generally think of something kind of fancy and delicate, maybe served up at a ladies’ tea or something similar. Well, this quiche defies that stereotype! The pound of ground beef in it makes it heartier than your typical quiche and the taco seasoning gives it a unique flavor.
While I usually make this taco quiche for lunch (our dinner), my husband loves to have the leftovers for breakfast . . . if there are leftovers that is!
My favorite thing about this taco quiche recipe is how easy it is to throw together. It’s the perfect recipe for a busy day when you don’t have much time to cook but still want a decent, homemade meal!
Oh, and did I mention that my kids love it too? So yeah, this quiche is definitely a win for us.
Here’s the recipe!
This simple crustless Taco Quiche is a favorite even with my non-quiche-loving husband. Try it out - I bet you'll love it too!
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (or about 3 tbsp)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- In a skillet, brown the meat along with the onion and taco seasoning; drain.
- Spread the meat in the bottom of a greased pie plate and top with the cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs, and milk. Mix well, then pour over cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for five minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 453mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 35g
If you like the look of this taco quiche recipe make sure to pin it on Pinterest. Thanks for stopping by the blog today!