Hi friends! Today I want to share with you a simple, yummy recipe for taco quiche. This is yet another great recipe passed on to me from my mom.
I don’t know about you but when I think of a quiche I generally think of something kind of fancy and delicate, maybe served up at a ladies’ tea or something similar. Well, this quiche defies that stereotype! The pound of ground beef in it makes it heartier than your typical quiche and the taco seasoning gives it a unique flavor.
While I usually make this taco quiche for lunch (our dinner), my husband loves to have the leftovers for breakfast . . . if there are leftovers that is!
My favorite thing about this taco quiche recipe is how easy it is to throw together. It’s the perfect recipe for a busy day when you don’t have much time to cook but still want a decent, homemade meal!
Oh, and did I mention that my kids love it too? So yeah, this quiche is definitely a win for us.
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (or about 3 tbsp)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- In a skillet, brown the meat along with the onion and taco seasoning; drain. Spread the meat in the bottom of a greased pie plate and top with the cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs, and milk. Mix well, then pour over cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
If you like the look of this taco quiche recipe make sure to pin it on Pinterest. Thanks for stopping by the blog today!