Celebrate the weekend by making yourself a loaf of this delicious lemon-blueberry bread! I posted a picture of it on Facebook awhile back but decided I really should do a whole blog post on it, so here we are. 🙂
This bread is super moist and yummy. Be sure not to skimp on the lemon glaze because that’s what really takes it to the next level!
I found the original recipe here – mine is adapted slightly.
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 5 inch bread pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together egg, milk, melted butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add to dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in yogurt; gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared bread pan and bake for 60 - 65 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool before slicing.
- Combine powdered sugar with lemon juice, milk and lemon zest and stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm bread.