Hi friends! 🙂 Here we are a week into November already!! With Thanksgiving right around the corner it’s a great time to be thinking about what you’re thankful for (although it’s always a great time for that, right?!)
Today I’m teaming up with some great bloggers for what we’re calling #thethankfulchallenge – basically, we’re all sharing some things we are thankful for, plus some happy fall things like recipes, crafts, etc. Obviously I’m sharing a recipe 😉 but I’ve linked the other bloggers in the challenge down at the bottom of this post, so go check out their #thethankfulchallenge posts too!
So, what am I thankful for? Here are a few things… they’re in no particular order, I just wrote them down as they came to mind.
- My home – It’s been almost exactly a year now since we’ve been living here in Texas and I’m so grateful for the home God provided for us here. It’s the perfect size for us, has a little yard for Caleb to play in and is at the end of a cul-de-sac rather than on a busy road, plus it’s only ten minutes or less from my parents. And it just feels homey!
- My husband and kids – This is a given of course but I still wanted to mention them. I always wanted to be a wife and mom and God has blessed me SO much with the husband and babies He’s given me! I could just go on and on about them. <3
- God’s kindness – Maybe not an attribute of God that gets talked about as much as some, but man, aren’t you glad God is kind? He’s a GOOD Father with a kind heart!
- The fall season – I LOVE fall! I love getting to spend more time outdoors with my family enjoying the milder weather. It’s such a happy time of year.
- Music – Aren’t you glad God created music? I know I am! It adds so much to life.
I’ll stop there for now, but I encourage you to also think through some of the things you are grateful for and take a few moments to thank God for it all.
I should have added that I’m thankful for baking and baked goods too haha. I love baking my favorites but also enjoy trying new things, like these Mini Apple Donut-Muffins! What are donut-muffins you ask? Well, basically you bake a muffin, then dip it in butter and roll it in sugar and it becomes a donut-muffin! 😉 Easy and yummy (pretty much the criteria for everything I make haha!)
I love that these little donut-muffins have apple in them because apples just seem so fall-y! I grated the apple in this recipe, but if you want it to stand out even more I would suggest finely chopping instead.
Mini Apple Donut-Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated or finely chopped apple
Coating: 1/4-1/2 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar + 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together butter, egg, milk and apple. Add to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Put mixture into greased mini muffin pans. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Let muffins cool slightly, then dip in melted butter and roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Be sure to check out these other posts in #TheThankfulChallenge
Thanks for stopping by today! 🙂