Wondering what to get for the frugal person in your life? No worries! Today I’m sharing lots of gift ideas perfect for your frugal friend.
What kind of gifts should you get for someone who is very frugal? Do they appreciate something more expensive since they’re not buying it? Or will that feel like a waste of money to them?
Should you stick with something practical? Can you get gift cards for the thrift store? (I’m joking. Sort of.)
What DO you buy someone who is very frugal? Here are some of my best gift ideas for your frugal friend.
Practical Gift Ideas for Your Frugal Friend
Frugal people often love practical gifts; things that they will use a lot or that solve a problem for them.
Here are 5 practical gift ideas to consider:
1. Something that helps them learn something
- Books related to their interests/job
- Subscription to a website like SkillShare
2. Something that helps them make money
- Subscription to Canva
- Stock photo subscription
- New planner
- Something related to their side hustle
3. Classic clothing pieces
The key here is to choose a quality pieces that your frugal friend can wear again and again. Merrick’s Art is a great blogger to follow for quality clothing ideas!
4. Nice food storage
5. Subscription that makes their life easier
Fun Gift Ideas for Your Frugal Friend
Not feeling too inspired by practical gifts and want to get your frugal friend something more exciting? I have lots more ideas, don’t worry!
The key here is to get a gift that you know your friend would love but that they wouldn’t want to spend the money on themselves since yes, they’re super frugal.
Ultimately you know your friend best, but here are some fun ideas!
1. Buy them an experience
- A concert
- A show
- A kid-free date night
2. Pay for family pictures
Every woman wants more pictures of her family!
Prove me wrong.
3. Gift card
- For fancy coffee
- For a nice restaurant
- For getting a mani/pedi (This one is good only if your frugal friend likes that kind of thing. Otherwise a nice at-home nail set would be nice instead.)
4. Nice wreath that they can change up each season
A wreath like this one is nice and neutral and can easily be changed up depending on the season.
5. Fun snacks that you know they wouldn’t normally splurge on
I know as a frugal person myself that there are certain snacks I enjoy but rarely buy because they’re pretty pricey. Find out what snacks your friend loves to occasionally splurge on and gift them a nice supply!
6. A house plant
A potted plant is always a fun gift idea because unlike cut flowers it can last for a long time!
7. Something sentimental
- A photo book or other photo gift
- A personalized piece of jewelry (Etsy has lots of great options!)
What do YOU buy someone who is frugal? Or if that frugal person is you, what are some of your favorite gifts to receive? Let’s chat in the comments!