During certain stages of life it’s especially nice to have a list of quick and easy meals that you can have on the table in no time. The other day I sat down and jotted down a list of the easiest meals I could think of and stuck it up on the side of my fridge; today I’m sharing it here on the blog.
You know those days. The clock hits 4:30 or 5 pm and you suddenly realize that you have no idea what’s for dinner.
We’ve all been there, and today’s post is for those days. Because the family is still going to want to eat, whether you’ve prepared anything or not, am I right?
So, here’s what you need to do:
1. Grab a pen and paper and jot down an easy meal list
Make sure to write down at least five of your favorite easy meals to make. I’m not talking about your favorite-ever meals to eat. Ha, no. Just your favorite EASY ones that you can have on the table in no time (even if you only just remembered about dinner a few minutes ago.)
2. Take that paper and stick it up on your fridge
Perfect! That easy meal list is going to be what saves you on those crazy last-minute-remembering-about-dinner days.
3. Keep the ingredients for those five or more easy meals on hand
For example, have tortillas and cheese on hand for quesadillas; eggs and bread for a quick breakfast-for-dinner. That sort of thing. We’re not talking about elaborate meals with tons of ingredients.
I’ve found my list really helpful to quickly refer to so I thought I’d share it on here. Obviously, everyone is going to have their own tried and true easy meals. I’m sure my list won’t include all of your faves, but maybe it will be a good starting point.
On my easy meal list I’ve included the very quickest meals that I can throw together as well some easy freezer meals and such that I like to have on hand.
My List of Quick and Easy Meals
The Easiest Meals
These super easy meals may seem obvious, I still like to have a list to remind myself of these quick options. While some of these meals may seem like cop-outs, they’re probably my kids’ favorites haha!
- Basic sandwiches
- Breakfast for dinner
- Charcuterie board
- Grilled cheese and tomato soup
- Box macaroni and cheese
Easy Meals From the Freezer
On the days where you do have plenty of time to make dinner, try doubling the meal and sticking half of it in the freezer. You’ll thank yourself later!
- Soup – Some of my favorite soups to make ahead and freeze include: taco soup, chicken soup, beef and veggie soup, and white chili
- Burgers – Frozen burgers are so convenient to have on hand and make such a quick, easy meal. We often eat them without buns with a healthy side.
- Ham – I don’t make ham often but whenever I do we have lots of leftovers that I stick in the freezer. It’s perfect for pulling out for an easy meal.
Easy Meals Using Leftover Cooked/Grilled Chicken
We often have grilled or shredded chicken in the freezer. These are meals that are easy to throw together with the chicken when I already have all the other ingredients on hand and prepped.
- Burrito bowls
- Dinner salad – This is especially easy to throw together if you purchase prewashed/chopped lettuce
- Chicken fried rice
Now I’d love to know, what are some of your go-to quick and easy meals? I can always use more ideas so please share in the comments!